I have so many things to blog about, our trip to Ireland and Scotland, Jake turning 11 months, Jake having a birthday party, but I feel like I have this big announcement hanging over my head. So here it is:
Our little family is moving to Doha, Qatar. That's right, a few more years of the Middle East for us. We really wanted to move back to the USA sometime this year but Micah's job offer was too good to pass up so we agreed to make the move from Saudi Arabia to Qatar.
In many ways, life in Qatar will be much easier than life in Saudi. It is a much more "westernized" country where I will be able to drive and won't have to wear an abaya. Stores don't close for prayer times and they even have movie theaters. Certain restaurants serve alcohol and pork can be found in certain stores. Doha is only 1 short (14-16 hour) plane ride from Houston. I'm very excited to be able to get on ONE plane and be in Houston. I know that sounds crazy but after years of 1.5 hour drive to the airport and extra flights with layovers, this sounds amazing.
For our family this move has a positive impact. It means more normal type outings, normal dates for me and Micah, and even some fun activities to do together. Also, Micah will be working a more normal work week which Jacob and I are really happy about! We will be able to travel some more and see more of the world and get some more life experiences.
We will dearly miss our friends we've made here in Saudi and I don't look forward to living in the middle east without them. We will continue to miss our family and friends in the USA and miss getting to be there for special occasions but our time will come to be back and I'm sure the next few years will fly by. Wish us luck!
* Here are a few pictures from our trip to Doha for the interview




No comments:
Post a Comment