Monday, April 15, 2013

Birthdays

It's funny how when you have a baby suddenly you kinda forget to post stuff about your own birthdays.  Micah's birthday was February 25 and mine was April 3.  We both turned 29 this year.  Just one step away from 30!! Eek! 

For Micah's actual birthday we did the Heart Walk for Susie and Darrell.  He was so gracious to share his day! Brooks' birthday is really close to Micah's so Lindsey and I decided to throw them a joint party (I think we've done this ever since we've known them).   On a Thursday evening (Saudi version of Saturday) we had everyone over.  Lindsey and I had cooked spaghetti and we had a great idea of ordering a cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company.  It wasn't very cute but it was delicious. 

Micah and I didn't really discuss much about my birthday. I was ok with it being somewhat low key but my husband is very smart and knows that I like surprises.  From what I'm told, it was very difficult logistically to pull of the surprise but our friends did it.  Lindsey had me come over to hang out while everyone was at my house getting stuff ready.  Then Lindsey had to come up with some excuse to get us to go to my house together.  I tried to get her to let me go alone but for some reason she wanted to come too :)
They had planned to grill some hamburgers in our wonderful spring weather but in true Saudi fashion, a sand storm blew in that day!  See they lovely haze.  However, the hamburgers were still delicious!


Yes, the sand in the air makes this picture look this way 
 I was very excited to have my own "Lindsey cake"!  Thanks Lindsey, it was fabulous as always.  We didn't have any candles so I ended up blowing out one of our scented candles. 


 I had a blast hanging out with everyone.  Thanks for the wonderful surprise!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment