Monday, March 12, 2012

Wow...

We've been back in Saudi for 12 days now and I am already packing my bags to leave for the USA in 2 days...CRAZY!  It's just enough time to get over jet-lag and get back on a plane and tackle jet-lag again. But I wouldn't trade getting to go home for anything.  Jacob and I will be back in the States for a little over 2 weeks.  Just long enough to have a couple baby showers (thanks to my wonderful Mom, sister, sisters-in-law, and mother-in-law).  I can't wait to see all my family and my friends to celebrate this upcoming time in our lives.


Now to add to the craziness... Micah and I officially got word that we will be moving to a new villa on our compound in order to make some room for our growing family.  This is a HUGE answer to prayer but the word came yesterday.  Meaning that I have 2 days before I leave to try to get some stuff ready to be moved.  Just a little stress.  Today I was able to go buy the paint colors I want and the guys even started painting soon after I dropped off the paint.  They move fast when they want to. Me leaving will probably leave Micah with a lot of the burden of figuring out how moving everything is going to work.  But the guys at our compound are a huge help and are always willing to try to get stuff right for me.  Also, I'm sure I will be enlisting some of the help of my dear friends while I am away.


Ok, back to baby. On Saturday I went in for the routine glucose screening they always do around this point in pregnancy.  Today I had the follow up appointment and ultra-sound.  Dr. says I passed with "stars".  My glucose levels were "excellent".  Woo-hoo. One really nice thing about having a baby in Saudi is that you get an awesome ultra-sound EVERY appointment.  It will be hard to go back to the US after this pregnancy.  I love seeing my baby every time I see the doctor. 

USA I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment