On Friday we had another celebration with our Friday "group" which again just feels like extended family. It was great to get to "study" together and then eat more amazing food. After group it was turkey nap time. Once we all recovered we headed back to Matt & Cherie's where we ended up playing catch for a while outside (the weather is PERFECT), played a fun game together, and then ordered pizza. Needless to say our Thanksgiving weekend was lots of fun.
Thankful:
1. The most important is Jesus whose love is never failing.
2. My wonderful husband that works hard to provide for us and takes good care of me
3. Family- All of my family is fantastic including the in-laws. I could not be any luckier!
4. Friends near and far. Those that are near, thanks for being a great Saudi support system. Those who are far, thanks for still being my friend even when I'm on the other side of the world.
5. My cute dog. I'm so glad he is in Saudi with us.
6. Christmas decorations that I brought to Saudi and made it through customs
7. Getting to be in the USA for Christmas
8. Getting to be in Stillwater for the Bedlam game!
9. The opportunity to travel and all the traveling we have done
10. Slingbox- I get to watch all my shows and even commercials- it really helps with not feeling so isolated from the US culture. Also thankful for my brother who puts up with having to reset it for us occasionally!
11. Skype- so thankful for the easy ability to talk to and see family and friends .
12. Living in Saudi- I'm sure this sounds contradictory to some of my other statements but I am grateful for this. I'm grateful for Micah's job opportunity and the fact that Saudi has given us great new friends and a greater ability to travel and see the world. I'm also grateful to experience living in a entirely different culture. My world view is drastically different.
13. Aramco softball- I have been playing softball once a week at Aramco and LOVE it. It's so much fun to be back on the softball field.









No comments:
Post a Comment