Once Micah left me in the USA it was time to start my own vacation. The difference without Micah is that I spend a lot more time doing girly stuff. I did more shopping just for me, girl dinners, baby time, family time, etc. Of course I continued to eat like there was no tomorrow. The first weekend he was gone I went to a long time family friends baby shower with my Mom, and Traci. Congrats Amanda! Traci and I drove straight from the shower to Dallas. The shower was fun but the car ride was just as much fun. I haven't been able to spend that much uninterrupted time with my sis-in-law in a long time (kids are always around). It was great to get to talk and hang out.
 |
| Me, Amanda, and Mom |
 |
| Traci and Amanda |
Upon arriving in Dallas I was able to spend more time with Chad, Bailey, and Coleton. Bailey and I always try to find a way to spend some time alone and have fun aunt-niece time so we snuck off one morning a did a little shopping. She is such a cool kid.
When Bailey would let me, I spent a little time playing with her brother Coleton. He is such a cutie as well. It's hard to resist this kid.
When I left Dallas, I headed farther north to Oklahoma City to spend time with Holly and her new baby Emily. It was so great to get to spend time watching Holly become Mom and get to know Emily. Holly was really wanting a girls night our without Emily so we met up with our college friends, Christina and Kendra, in Bricktown at "The Melting Pot". I was so excited to get to eat at there and it was great but the company was even better. Christina came out to Holly's one night for dinner and more fun time. I also spent one night at Kendra's and was able to meet her fiance and we spent more time together. It was great to get to spend some quality time with these girls.
 |
| Baby Emily |
 |
| Holly, Me, and Emily |
 |
| Me & Kendra |
 |
| Me & Christina |
My vacation time was little "back and forth". After spending half a week in OKC I headed once again back to Dallas to spend the weekend with my best friend from high school and college, Anna. We booked a hotel room close to shopping that we wanted to do and spent 3 days reminiscing and having a blast! Again, I didn't take any pictures while we were together so I thought it would be fun to be an old picture of us from high school. This one is from Halloween our senior year with our other best friend Holly L.
 |
| Me, Anna, and Holly L |
At last I made my way back to Houston to spend my last week in the states with my parents. We ate more good food, went to movies, and of course sat on the back porch some more. What a great trip to the USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment