Friday, January 14, 2011

Life lately

It has been a while since I have written anything.  I guess that is because compared to Australia, nothing very eventful has been going on in our lives.  However, as I write that I realize something VERY eventful has been happening in our friends lives.  


On Thursday, December 30 our best friends The Perry's welcomed baby #2, Miles Lee Perry.  Lindsey of course had some worries about delivering a baby in Saudi Arabia and at different points during the pregnancy there were thoughts of returning home to deliver.  However, in the end everything worked out wonderfully.  Her parents made it in time, delivery went quickly and smoothly, and they now have a healthy baby boy.  
Micah and I with Miles
The new Perry family
On Saturday, January 8 a new couple friend of ours, Tara and Jamie, ALSO had a baby!  Thats right, we are now surrounded by 2 adorable newborn boys.  This is Tara and Jamie's first born and she was brave enough to stay in Saudi.  Thankfully, Tara had mostly the same experience as Lindsey with good delivery and a healthy baby. It turns out they can deliver babies in Saudi Arabia ;)  His name is Aden James McGuire. 

Some other things have happened between Australia and the birth of the babies but mostly just life as usual.  Micah went back to work. I went back to scrapbooking and playing cards (rough life, I know).  We had a very uneventful New Years Eve where we were both asleep before midnight but I woke up in time to call Houston at midnight so I guess that counts.  I will be headed to Bahrain for a girls trip this week so maybe then I can get an interesting post. 
~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment